I’ve been experimenting with different ways to make eggs recently, so this past Sunday morning when I had a little extra time I decided to try baking them.
The texture of baked eggs is wonderful – much fluffier and more consistently cooked than regular fried eggs. Plus it is so easy! The hardest part is waiting for them to cook all the way through – 1 egg needs to bake for about 25 minutes.
I’ve seen a lot of recipes where you just crack an egg on top of the toppings you want and bake it, but because I hate egg yolks and whites separate I just combined them both with a little milk. With a side of fruit, you have a great balanced breakfast!
Baked Eggs with Bacon and Mushrooms
Makes 1 serving
1 piece of bacon
3 small mushrooms
1/4 cup of milk
Parmesan cheese, to preference
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly butter a ramekin.
2. Fry bacon on stove top
3. While bacon is cooking, slice mushrooms into small pieces
4. Whisk egg and milk together
5. When the bacon is finished cooking, place it on another plate and put the mushrooms in the frying pan. Cook mushrooms.
6. Cut bacon into small pieces
7. Place mushrooms and bacon in the ramekin, then pour the egg mixture on top
8. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
9. Place the full ramekin on a cookie sheet to avoid spillage and bake until the egg mixture does not jiggle when it is shaken, about 25 minutes.