I wanted to make something extra special for Father’s Day, but I couldn’t think of what. Finally, I decided: combine two desserts! This cookie-brownie combo makes a delicious mix of chocolate that is sweet but not too sweet. Plus, they are in ramekins. What is not to love???
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup
- (5 1/2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. Butter 8 ramekins and a cookie tray (for the extras); set aside
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt butter and chocolate in microwave on HIGH setting for 30 seconds, stir. Reheat for an additional 15-30 seconds until fully melted, stir again.
- Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir until batter is completely blended. NOTE: batter may appear thin and tacky. Set bowl aside to thicken while preparing soft chocolate chip cookies.
SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Fill, half the area and halfway up the sides of each ramekin with cookie dough, and then the same with brownie dough. Using fingers (or a knife if you have those coordination skills 🙂 ) and swirl the two doughs together.
- Drop leftover cookie dough on cookie tray, and add brownie dough on the side of each drop.
- Optional: add 1 chocolate chip to the top of each cookie and ramekin.
- Bake ramekins 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until edges begin to look golden.